DROP DECK COMBO
Sharpen your focus on the bottom line with the Transcraft combo trailer. As one the first combo platforms in the industry, this drop deck is known for its rugged dependability and increased payload. Ideal for owner operators and fleets alike, this trailer is strong, lightweight and designed to maximize load capacity. In addition, this trailer can be configured to meet your specific requirements.
Superior Design. Maximum Payload.
The main beam design comes with a limited lifetime warranty and provides a stronger web to flange attachment for long-life performance. Weight reduction holes reduce weight without compromising strength, for max payload capacity. Potential corrosion is eliminated between the flange and web by welding the high tensile steel at all flange-web joints. In addition, the P-spindle wheel ends provide longer wheel end life.
Lower Maintenance. Increased Uptime.
The interlocking, four nailer, apitong and aluminum floor system connects using two grade-8 floor screws at each crossmember. The double shear connection reduces racking and damage to nailers around the screw holes. In addition, the radius edges on the “C” section siderail reduce the wear of winch straps, while the aluminum rubrail with recessed grooves, protect conspicuity tape. Designed to lower maintenance costs, this combo trailer reduces down time, keeping you on the road.
Better Highway Visibility.
The enhanced visibility lighting system offers three stop/tail/turn lights and five dual-function side marker lights. The side marker lights also function as turn signals for improved visibility to motorists.
Premium Paint. Superior Corrosion Resistance.
100% of steel surfaces are shot blasted prior to applying primer and paint, eliminating the need for chemical pretreatments. From the ultra high-zinc, epoxy primer and galvanic coating, to the automotive grade Valspar® acrylic urethane paint, this trailer is made to resist corrosion and increase re-sale value.
(1) Siderail Design – The radius edges on the “C” section siderail reduce the wear of winch straps, while the aluminum rubrail with recessed grooves protects conspicuity tape. Designed to lower maintenance costs, this hybrid trailer reduces down time, keeping you on the road.
(2) Advanced Premium Paint and Application System – 100% of steel surfaces are shot blasted prior to applying primer and paint, eliminating the need for chemical pretreatments. From the ultra high-zinc, epoxy primer and galvanic coating, to the automotive grade Valspar® acrylic urethane paint, this trailer is made to resist corrosion and increase resale value.
(3) Main Beam Design with Limited Lifetime Warranty – The main beam design comes with a limited lifetime warranty and provides a stronger web to flange attachment for long-life performance. Potential corrosion is eliminated between the flange and web by welding the high-tensile steel at all flange-web joints.
(4) Crossmember Design and Spacing – 4″ I-beam steel crossmembers on 12″ centers are standard. Optional 5″ I-beam aluminum crossmembers on 12″ centers are available.
(5) Floor System – The interlocking, four nailer, apitong and aluminum floor system connects using two grade-8 floor screws at each crossmember. The double shear connection reduces racking and damage to nailers around the screw holes. Additional floor systems are available.
(6) Suspension Design – The Hendrickson INTRAXX®AANL air suspension is lightweight, reliable and provides highperformance. The P-spindle wheel ends provide longer wheel end life.
(7) Electrical & Light Design – The enhanced visibility lighting system offers three LED stop/tail/turn lights and five dual-function LED side marker lights. The side marker lights also function as turn signals for improved motorist visibility.
(8) Heavy-Duty Bumper – The 4″x 5″ steel bumper includes end caps for corrosion resistance. Vertical bumper supports protrude past the aluminum rear plate, providing protection against damage when docking.
Length: 45’ – 53″
Width: 96″ and 102″
Upper Deck: 10’ or 11’
554: 55,000 lb in 4’ / 60,000 lb in 10’ / 80,000 lb over lower deck
804: 80,000 lb in 4’ / 85,000 lb in 10’ / 94,000 lb over lower deck
Est. Base Weight(s):
554: 10,314 lb / 4,688 kg
804: 11,274 lb / 5,125 kg
Rear End Design:
Three rear stake pockets integral to rear plate
Horizontal bumper end caps for corrosion protection
Heavy-duty rubber dock bumpers mounted vertically with three bolts
Bumper assemblies are United States Division of Transportation (DOT) and Transport Canada compliant
Main Beam Design:
Main beam flange and web fully welded at all flange-web joints
High-strength 50,000-PSI steel web
Web to flange attached by 100% automated continuous weld
Heat-treated, high-strength steel flanges rated at 130,000 PSI
Cross braces on 24” centers and knee braces on nominal 48” centers
Lifetime main beam warranty
Front End Design:
Bright finish, fabricated aluminum front crossmember
Center mount glad-hands with 7-way plug on removable access panel for ease of maintenance
1/4” steel coupler plate tested to SAE J133 performance criteria
Kingpin settings 18”-30”, depending on neck length
JOST A-400 landing gear
6061-T6 extruded aluminum siderail
Radius edges to prevent strap damage
Extruded aluminum stake pockets on 24” centers
Large diameter double pipe spools
Extruded aluminum rub rail with recessed groove to protect conspicuity tape
100% shot blasted prior to assembly, no chemical pretreatment required
Automotive grade paint system with ultra high-zinc epoxy primer and galvanic-coated prior to trailer assembly for corrosion resistance
Steel surfaces painted prior to assembly with automotive grade Valspar® acrylic urethane paint
Crossmember Design and Floor System:
80K high tensile 4” steel “I” beam crossmembers on 12” centers
Mylar gaskets installed between aluminum and steel components for corrosion resistance
Maximum strength, interlocking combination aluminum and wood floor boards
Eight 1-1/8” thick aluminum floorboards installed with two inner and outer apitong nailers
Each floor section installed with two grade-8 screws for a double shear design and an anti-back-out patch per crossmember
Vertical weld on both sides of siderail to crossmember connection
Widespread K-bracing and angular gussets
Suspension support gussets with triangular truss design
Hendrickson INTRAAX®AANL 23K air suspension
Suspension rated at 23,000 lb per axle
121’ tandem widespread axle setting
Hendrickson Quik-Align® axle alignment
Hendrickson HP Axle with large bearings, parallel “P” spindle wheel ends
Lightweight, Webb Vortex™ cast iron drum
Haldex Gold Seal® brake chamber with Haldex automatic sack adjuster
Steel disc wheels
Air and electrical accessible through removable aluminum front plate
Below deck air and wire routing for ease of maintenance
Truck-Lite® LED lights with manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty
Enhanced visibility lighting system, which includes dual function side marker lights that correspond with turn signals
Truck-Lite series 88 harness system
Meritor® 4S/2M anti-lock brake system (ABS)
– Additional air and electric configurations
– Additional aluminum components available
– Additional coil packages
– Additional floor packages
– Air scale/manual dump
– Alternate crossmember spacing available
– Auxiliary front socket on front plate
– Beaver tail with level deck damps
– Customized bumper filler plates
– Disc brakes
– Dunnage racks
– Dust shields
– Extendable drop deck
– Factory installed removable or permanent DOT rated and non-DOT rated bulkheads
– Lightweight package
– Low deck option
– Multiple axle configurations, sliding suspensions, spring suspensions and lift axles
– Multiple freight securement options
– Rear axle electric dump
– Roll stability systems
– Storage boxes
– Tire carrier
– Tire inflation systems
– Tire pressure monitoring systems
– Weight reduction holes