Introduced in 1996, the DuraPlate® van revolutionized the trucking industry. Designed for a wide range of freight hauls, our conventional DuraPlate vans provide maximum cube capacity, exceptional durability, lightweight performance, and resale values among the best in the industry.
(1) ID/Aux Stop Light System – The new ID/Stop Light System integrates auxiliary brake light indicator functionality with the upper rear ID lights – providing better visibility of trailer braking.
(2) DuraPlate Doors with the TrustLock Plus System – Lightweight and extremely durable, DuraPlate composite swing doors resist corrosion and impact damage to lower your maintenance costs. Swing doors come standard with our proprietary TrustLock Plus® System. DuraPlate overhead door designs are also available.
(3) Top Rail Connection – Unlike other composite plate trailer designs, our top rail connects to the exterior of the trailer sidewall, eliminating potential and significant leak points.
(4) DuraPlate® Composite Plate Sidewalls – DuraPlate panels are constructed of a high-density polyethylene core bonded between two high-strength steel skins to provide unmatched damage resistance and maximum interior width. DuraPlate sidewall panels are made in the U.S.A. and backed by a 10-year warranty.*
(5) High-Strength Floor System – Rated at 20,000 lb., our full 1-3/8” oak floor system with bolted crossmember connections provides superior floor strength to support high-cycle loading/unloading and extends floor life. Floor systems with higher load ratings are also available.
Dimensions: 53′ x 102-3/8 x 13’6″
Front interior height: 110-1/4″
Rear interior height: 111-1/4″
Interior width sidewall to sidewall: 101″
GVWR: 68,000 lb. / 30,845 kg
GAWR: 20,000 lb. / 9,072 kg
3/16″ x 50K approach plate with .290″ x 50K grid plate
Kingpin with zinc anodes corrosion protection
One-piece extruded aluminum header
5″ radius corner post constructed with .125″ heavy-duty extruded aluminum
6-post nose with structural corner posts, hat channels mounted with four 5/16″ steel bolts and 1/4″ rivet connections around perimeter
Heavy-duty, 3/16″ stainless steel lower nose rail
DuraPlate composite panels with a limited 10-year warranty*
Flat seam design allows top rail connection to the outside panel
Recessed logistic seam on 50″ vertical centers rated at 1,880 lb. working load
Integral A-slots punched on 4-1/2″ centers
18-gauge x 80K steel scuff liner fastened to sidewalls on 8″ centers with stainless steel rivets
DuraPlate panels made in the U.S.A
SAF UltraLite™ mechanical suspension or Hendrickson VANTRAAX®HKANT 40 air suspension with Hendrickson QUIK-DRAW®
Meritor® Axle with parallel “P” spindle wheel ends
Meritor MA212 long-life brake linings
Haldex Gold Seal® brake chamber with S-ABA slack adjuster
Maxion Wheels 5HH white powder-coated lightweight steel wheels
Intercostal crossmember bracing and JOST landing gear
20,000-lb. dynamic load rating
Full, 1-3/8″ thick laminated oak floorboards installed with three screws per board, per crossmember
4″ steel or aluminum crossmembers on 12″ centers in bay, steel crossmembers over sub frame and landing gear, 8″ centers in rear 2′
Steel bolted crossmember attachment
Carbon steel with ultra high-zinc epoxy primer and polyester power-coated for corrosion resistance. Galvanized and stainless steel options available.
Carbon steel rear impact guard with outboard vertical bumper legs meets U.S. Department of Transportation and Transport Canada requirements
5/16″ steel base plate in rear sill with 1/2″ post protection
Eyebrow and vertical light protection
3-1/2″ rear header with integral gutter
DuraPlate composite swing doors with aluminum 4-hole hinge / five hinges per door
TrustLock Plus® System comprised of a lower sill design and a lock rod with integral door holdback, 1 per door
Roof System: .040″ aluminum roof sheet wrapped over top rail edge 18-gauge steel anti-snag roof bows mounted on 24″ centers
Lights/Electrical: All LED lights Wabash National 3.0 sealed harness system
– DuraPlate® AeroSkirt® and other brands of trailer side skirts
– DuraPlate nose
– DuraPlate nose liner
– Floor packages available in laminated oak, aluminum, composite and combination kits
– Floor systems available from 20,000 lb. to 24,000 lb.
– ID/AUX Stoplight System
– Leaf spring and air suspensions
– Lightweight options to reduce weight and/or increase payload
– Multiple axle configurations
– Scuff liners available in wood, steel, aluminum and plastic, in various heights
– EPA SmartWay® certification
– Tire inflation systems
– Tire pressure monitoring systems
– Vertical and horizontal interior logistics
– Wide-base tires